- General information
- We will not share personal information without your express permission. We use email to communicate with our members, partners, vendors, and others who share our interest in preserving open space, maintaining conservations easements, or share our goals, but we do not share email addresses with third-parties without your understanding and consent, and only to facilitate communication. We will collect and use information through our Web site only in the ways disclosed in this statement. This statement applies solely to information collected at The Davie Area Land Trust Inc. web site.
- Right to access, correct and delete data and to object to data processing
- Our members and friends have the right to access, correct and delete personal data relating to them, and
to object to the processing of such data, by addressing a written request, at any time. The
Davie Area Land Trust makes every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and
privacy of personal data, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed
by unauthorized third parties. However, the Davie Area Land Trust does not control each and every risk related
to the use of the Internet, and therefore warns the Site users of the potential risks involved
in the functioning and use of the Internet. The Site may include links to other web sites or
other internet sources. As the Davie Area Land Trust cannot control these web sites and external sources, the
Davie Area Land Trust cannot be held responsible for the provision or display of these web sites and external
sources, and may not be held liable for the content, advertising, products, services or any
other material available on or from these web sites or external sources.
- Information We Collect
- As a membership organization, we collect some data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our
services. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a personal account.
We get some of it by recording how you interact with our services by, for example, using
technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on
your device. We also obtain data from third parties (including other companies). For example, we
supplement the data we collect by purchasing demographic data from other companies. We also use
services from other companies to help us determine a location based on your IP address in order
to customize certain services to your location. The data we collect depends on the services
and features you use.
- How We Use Your Information
- Our web site uses the data we collect for some basic purposes: to operate The Davie Area Land Trust and
provide (including improving and personalizing) the services we offer, to send communications,
including promotional communications, and to display links to supporters, partners, and other Trusts. In carrying out these
purposes, we combine data we collect through the various web site services you use to give you a
more seamless, consistent and personalized experience. However, to enhance privacy, we have
built in technological and procedural safeguards designed to prevent certain data combinations.
For example, we store data we collect from you when you are unauthenticated (not signed in)
separately from any account information that directly identifies you, such as your name, email
address or phone number.
- Sharing Your Information
- We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or
provide any service you have requested or authorized. For example, we share your content with
third parties when you tell us to do so. When you provide payment data to make a donation, we
will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or
provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction. In
addition, we share personal data among our controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share
personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this
statement. For example, companies we've hired to provide customer service support or assist in
protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data in order to
provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and
security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any
other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a
or sale of assets.